Montenegro - excursions of popular cities
Montenegro is located in the picturesque part of the Balkan Peninsula, washed by the clear waters of the Adriatic Sea. It attracts tourists with affordable prices, beautiful beaches with coastal mountains, as well as numerous sights, that testify to the ancient history of this region.
Here, guests have a great opportunity to combine rest on the beach with educational excursions. Despite the fact that the country's territory repeatedly served as a place of hostilities, many monuments managed to preserve to our days in excellent condition. Tourists are offered interesting excursions in English, both of old towns, conveniently located on the coastline, and inland, where there are medieval monasteries and fortresses.
The most popular sights of Montenegro, which it is possible to see on your own or with a professional guide:
- Tara Canyon - Europe's deepest canyon, with rocky mountains, deep gorges, waterfalls and steep rifts. Included in the UNESCO World Heritage List;
- Skadar Lake is the largest in the Balkans, the habitat of many birds, including pelicans. On the coasts of the lake there are many monasteries, fortresses, churches, monuments;
- Ostrog Monastery is the most significant Montenegrin Christian shrine of the 17th century;
- Cetinje is the historical and cultural capital of Montenegro, a real museum city. From the mountain of Lovcen, at the foot of which Cetinje is located, a beautiful city landscape opens;
- Budva is the main Montenegrin seaside resort. The city was almost newly rebuilt after the devastating earthquake of 1979. There are unique old buildings, modern buildings, and beautiful beaches;
- city of Kotor and Kotor Bay. Kotor has many buildings of medieval architecture, due to what the city is protected by UNESCO. The Bay of Kotor is notable for its unique natural beauty, which attracts thousands of tourists from all over the world every year.
Excursions in other Countries:
Serbia, Morocco, Ireland, Nepal, Poland, Czech Republic, Vietnam, United Kingdom, Tunisia, Jordan, Finland, Malta, Taiwan, United States, Colombia, Monaco, Malaysia, Qatar, Turkey, Bosnia and Herzegovina