Excursions to the Hermitage with personal guide
Once it was a private collection of Russian emperors who could buy any masterpiece of world art at any price, but today this 2nd largest art museum in the world is open to everyone. It will take several years to observe all collections of the Hermitage, because the total number of exhibits exceeds 3 million. However, even one excursion, especially in company with an experienced guide, is enough to see the most famous parts of the exhibition:
- the collection of Italian Renaissance paintings (including paintings by Leonardo da Vinci, Raphael, Titian);
- the collection of Spanish paintings of the 15-18th centuries (El Greco, Velasquez, Goya, etc.);
- the masterpieces of Flemish and Dutch painting (Rubens, Rembrandt, Van Dyck);
- the unique collection of Scythian gold;
- the collection of French paintings of the late 19th and early 20th century (Monet, Cezanne, Van Gogh).
In order to avoid standing in the queue you should buy e-tickets via Excurzilla, thus you save time and see the maximum number of masterpieces at a time.
See also other sights in St. Petersburg:
Montserrat, Park Güell, Picasso Museum, Tibidabo, Casa Batllo, Dalì Museum, Casa Mila, Sagrada Familia