Individual and group excursions in Oslo
More than a thousand years have passed since the Vikings founded Oslo, but the Norwegian capital still reminds us of the turbulent times of the Middle Ages - from Akershus Fortress founded by King Hakon to Viking Ship Museum. However, if you prefer other eras, there will be no problems: just one observation excursion in English language around Oslo, to understand that there are sights for every taste. An integral part of any excursion program is:
- Royal Palace, built in the 19th century in classicalism style;
- Architectural monuments located on Karl Johans gate: street runs from the Royal Palace to the Central station and is known for its Cathedral, national theatre and Parliament house;
- The new Opera House, striking with its unusual ultra-modern architecture;
- The Old City. Basically, it is not so old - its buildings were built in 18th century, but it is very picturesque;
- Akershus Fortress. After visiting fortress with an individual excursion, you will see not only the cannons and bastions, but also three museums, the exhibits of which will tell your guide;
- Frogner Park, whose paths are decorated with more than 200 sculptures;
- Statehouse. This is where the famous Nobel prize is awarded.
After visiting the main sights and museums, ask a English-speaking guide to show you the restaurants, bars and night clubs of Norwegian capital and make sure that Oslo can not only work, but also have fun. Shopping is not bad here, although the prices for all products are not low.