Individual and group excursions in Verona
Verona can be called one of the most romantic cities in world, because it was place where the great Shakespeare chose to develop the greatest and most tragic love story. English-language excursion of Verona is unlikely to leave anyone indifferent, because rich and contradictory history of city, the power over which passed from hand to hand, left behind a lot of sights and historical monuments. No matter what type of excursions you choose – independent walk or observation excursion with guide – Verona will surprise you. List of sights that should be included in your excursions route is quite impressive.
- Piazza delle Erbe (Market's square) is a picturesque square, where you can not only treat yourself to a variety of souvenirs for reasonable price, but also taste the famous Campari liqueur in one of many local cafes;
- Torre dei Lamberti, which offers a magical panorama of city;
- Juliet's balcony is one of the most romantic places in Verona, where there is a statue of the famous heroine of Shakespeare's play;
- Verona Arena is "big brother" of the famous Colosseum, almost untouched by time; venue of one of the world's most famous Opera festivals;
- Giusti Palace - adjacent to the palace of same name, a stunning green park area, known far beyond the borders of Italy;
- Castelvecchio – one of the largest buildings in city, today houses art museums and an impressive collection of paintings by masters of Italian painting.
As part of excursion, you can get acquainted with architecture of city under guidance of English-speaking guide. See the Palazzo della Ragione, bridge of Ponte Pietra, House of merchants or fountain of the Madonna of Verona.